Zucchini Pea Soup
We love the gorgeous green colour from this combination of zucchini and peas. You will find zucchinis in abundance during autumn, so stock up on this before flu season hits... it's the green smoothie of the cooler months!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I wasn't sure about this as I've never put peas in a soup before, but this was so delicious. Nice and light, but tasty with simple staple ingredients. I loved the flavour combination." - Terri
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- potato - 200g, Desiree , washed or peeled and cubed small
- onions - 2, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- zucchini - 500g, roughly chopped
- olive oil - 20g
- peas - 200g, frozen
- vegetable stock - 50g, paste
- water - 650g
- bread - crusty, to serve (*omit for GF)
- Add the potato (200g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Set aside. Rinse out the bowl.
- Add the onions (2), garlic cloves (4) and zucchini (500g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the olive oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap off.
- Add the peas (200g), stock paste (50g), water (650g) and the chopped potatoes to the bowl. Ensure that the water does not go over the maximum line for your machine. Program 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Gradually increase speed to Speed 8 / 20 seconds, measuring cap on. Please read your machine’s user manual for the correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Serve with crusty bread.