Zucchini, Mint and Feta Soup
This soup, shared with us by Georgia Harding from Well Nourished, is a great way to make zucchini more delicious. The best part about this soup is that it is incredibly quick and easy to make and the result is surprisingly very tasty (because lets face it, zucchini is not the most flavoursome veggie!) Zucchini is extremely low in calories and loaded with fibre. It is also a great source of potassium. When combined with mint and home-brewed bone broth, it is a fabulous digestive tonic, perfect for keeping those important good bugs happy.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "When zucchinis are in abundance, this is a quickand healthy soup to make. You could also add some peas to this for another twist. You can easily double the recipe and freeze it for later or to feed more people." - Gail
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- zucchini - 300g (approx.), roughly chopped
- chicken stock - 250g, liquid, or vegetable stock
- fresh mint - handful, leaves, picked from the stems
- feta cheese - optional (*use cashew cheese or coconut yoghurt for DF)
- Add the onion (1) and garlic clove (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Add the oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C / Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Add the zucchini (300g) to the bowl. Process Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add the liquid stock (250g), salt and pepper to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Allow to cool a little, then add the mint (handful) to the bowl.
- You can serve as is or to make a smooth soup simply blend by gradually increasing the speed to Speed 8 / 30 seconds. Please read your machine’s user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Serve with a dollop (or crumble) of feta and more seasoning if needed.