Zucchini Lemon Risotto
When we think of risotto we often think it is a complicated, drawn out process, when in reality (with the help of your thermo mixer), it is a really simple meal. This is a subtle risotto with hints of zucchini and lemon. Top with a little Parmesan or pecorino cheese for a delicious flavour boost.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An easy quick midweek dinner full of flavour. Taste was full of flavour and very nice. I will be definitely making it again. Willbe going in our meal plan rotation." - Monica
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, grated
- lemon - 1 large, grated zest only
- zucchinis - 2 small, roughly chopped
- onion - 1 small, brown, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- arborio rice - 350g
- chicken stock - 1L, liquid, good quality
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add Parmesan cheese (100g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- If you need to zest your own lemon, add lemon peel (from 1 lemon) to the bowl. Zest Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat Speed 10 / 20 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add zucchinis (2) to bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add garlic cloves (2) and onion (1) to bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 4 seconds.
- Add oil (20g). Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add rice (350g) to bowl. Coat the rice in oil by mixing on Speed 1 / 15 seconds until coated well.
- Add the zucchini, lemon zest (from 1 lemon) and chicken stock (1L) to the bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.5. Place internal steaming basket on top of lid to prevent splatters.
- Check for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if required.
- Pour risotto into an insulated server and allow to sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top and serve.