These are a healthy version of the deep fried zucchini chips you can get in some restaurants. They are so delicious and go perfectly with garlic aioli or tomato salsa. A little more involved than just putting some potato chips in the oven, but oh so rewarding!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The end product was fantastic. The zucchini was crunchy on the outside and nicely cooked on the inside. I would absolutely make these again." - Terri
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- zucchinis - 700g
- bread - 3 slices, day old, roughly chopped (*can use GF)
- eggs - 2, lightly beaten
- salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the zucchinis (700g) into the shape of fries.
- Place bread (3 slices) and herbs (2 tsp) into the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 6 seconds. Set aside.
- Place plain flour (50g) in one bowl and eggs (2) in another bowl. You will have three bowls lined up.
- Dip zucchini fries into the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture, followed by the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat until all fries are coated.
- Place the fries onto the baking tray. Drizzle with oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the crumb is crispy.
*Oil, salt and pepper are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 50g Parmesan cheese in Step 3.