Zucchini Drop Scones
These Zucchini Drop Scones use minimal ingredients and can be on the table in 30 minutes. They are a perfect accompaniment to one of our soups to boost them into a full meal. They are absolutely delicious fresh out of the oven.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "They look rustic and taste delicious! Great for dipping into soup, but equally yum on their own." - Heidi
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Makes 8 drop scones
Can be frozen
If your budget allows:
- Add 50g of grated cheese or herbs to the dough mixture in Step 2.
- zucchini - 1, large, roughly chopped
- self raising flour - 230g
- milk - 100g, plus extra for glazing
- salt - 1 tsp, optional
- sesame seeds - 1 Tbsp, optional, see notes
- poppy seeds - 1 Tbsp, optional, see notes
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Add zucchini (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 3 seconds.
- Add flour (230g), milk (100g) and salt (1 tsp) to bowl.
- Closed Lid / Kneading function / 20 seconds or until combined into a dough.
- Remove and shape into 8 small balls. If the dough is sticky just dust with a little flour to make it easier to work with or use spoons to drop the dough onto the tray. Use a silicone spatula to remove the dough from the bowl if needed.
- Place balls onto baking tray. Score the top of the damper to form wedges and brush with a little milk. Sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Sesame seeds and poppy seeds are not essential.
- You can also make these without the zucchini if preferred.