Zucchini and Feta Fritters with Poached Eggs
Fritters are so incredibly easy and budget friendly to make, yet they cost a fortune when eating brunch at a café. These zucchini and feta fritters are sure to impress and won't break the budget. Cook the fritters in silicon egg rings to keep them even in shape for the extra wow factor. One fritter topped with a poached egg is perfect for one serve, especially for a brunch that has multiple courses!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Soft patties with creamy feta. Every mouthful was delicious, and it made for a lovely Sunday brunch." - Tracey
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 8-9 minutes per batch
Makes 4 large fritters
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
large frying pan
- eggs - 4, poached
- garlic clove - 1, peeled and pressed
- spring onion - 1, roughly chopped
- bread - 2 slices, day old, (*can use GF)
- zucchini - 2, medium, grated and excess liquid squeezed out (see Note)
- eggs - 2, large
- feta cheese - 150g, crumbled
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, black
- Add the peeled and pressed garlic clove (1), chopped spring onion (1) and old bread (2 slices) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the grated zucchini (2), eggs (2), crumbled feta cheese (150g), salt (1 tsp) and black pepper (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Reverse+Speed 2 until just combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions.
- Place one portion into a large frying pan and shape it into a rounded circle approximately 1.5cm high. Flatten slightly. Repeat for another portion of the mixture if space allows.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes before flipping over and cooking for another 4 minutes. As these are larger, be sure to flip them carefully.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately topped with a poached egg (4 total).
Note: It is best to grate the zucchini for texture and to get more height on the fritters.