We love the zesty flavours that contribute to this recipe – garlic, lemon, rosemary... mmm! If you are looking for a low carb option, try replacing the potatoes with cauliflower florets. You won't need to steam them for as long as the potatoes. Just lightly steam then transfer to the oven to bake.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A simple, easy, fresh marinade with a delicious lemon taste that makes the humble potato amazing!" - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
internal steaming basket
small ovenproof dish
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- lemon - 2, strips of peel
- fresh rosemary - 1 tsp, leaves
- olive oil - 10g
- balsamic vinegar - 5g
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked black
- water - 500g, hot
- potato - 2, large, diced into bite-size pieces
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), lemon peel (2 strips) and fresh rosemary leaves (1 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add olive oil (10g), balsamic vinegar (5g), salt flakes (1 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Without washing the bowl, add hot water (500g). Set the internal steaming basket in place.
- Add the diced potatoes (2) to the internal steaming basket. Program 12 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on. While it is cooking, you can go to the next step.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Transfer the steamed potatoes to a small ovenproof dish along with the zesty coating. Coat well.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. If you are making the lamb from the previous page, you can add the potatoes to the oven at the same time as the lamb so they cook in the same time.