Your Daily Greens Pesto Pasta
Another meal in under 30 minutes that has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra (alycealexandra.com). 25 minutes is all it takes to have this healthy pesto pasta whipped up and on the table. With so many delicious greens, this is one recipe that will leave you feeling the better just for eating it!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a winner dinner in our house, even with Mr. 5 who has a serious aversion to all green foods. He loved it so much that he had seconds AND added two heaped spoonfuls of pesto onto his pasta (I had kept his pasta and pesto separate to avoid dinner meltdowns)." - Claire
No: Dairy / Egg
Contains: Gluten / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 5-10 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 500g (*can use GF)
- peas - 200g, frozen
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- olive oil - 100g
- lime - 2, juice only
- walnuts - 80g
- cashew nuts - 80g
- kale - 60g, leaves
- fresh basil - large handful, leaves
- water - 80g
- nutritional yeast flakes - 2 Tbsp
- coconut sugar - 1 Tbsp
- salt - 1.5 tsp, fine
- onion powder - 1 tsp
- fresh mint - handful, leaves
- sesame seeds - 30g, black
- Cook the pasta (500g) according to packet instructions. Add frozen peas (200g) for the last minute and then drain with the pasta.
- Place the peeled garlic cloves (3) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the olive oil (50g only) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the remaining olive oil (50g), lime juice (from 2 limes), walnuts (80g), cashews (80g), kale leaves (60g), basil leaves (large handful), water (80g), yeast flakes (2 Tbsp), coconut sugar (1 Tbsp), fine salt (1.5 tsp) and onion powder (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blend Speed 8 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Blend again Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Toss the sauce with the cooked pasta, peas and fresh mint leaves (handful). Garnish with black sesame seeds (30g).