For a deliciously tender steak, this marinade is definitely worth a try! It would also be yummy with chicken thighs. Consider serving these scrumptious steaks with the Gluten Free Potato Bake and some grilled corn for a full meal!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is an easy meal to prepare ahead of time and enjoy later. The kids even loved it!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 2-4 hours marinating time
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Can be frozen after marinating
You will need:
large mixing bowl
- eye fillet steak - 4-6, beef Scotch
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 30g
- Worcestershire sauce - 80g, ensure GF if required
- mustard - 25g, wholegrain
- honey - 25g
- dried rosemary - 1 tsp, leaves, can use fresh
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked, black
- Serving suggestions:
- corn - grilled
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), olive oil (30g), Worcestershire sauce (80g), wholegrain mustard (25g), honey (25g), rosemary leaves (1 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Blend Speed 7 / 10 seconds.
- Using a spatula, ensure that there is no honey remaining around the blades. If necessary, blend again Speed 7 / 10 seconds.
- Add the beef steaks (4-6) and marinade to a large mixing bowl. Cover with clingfilm and allow to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Fire up the BBQ to a high heat.
- Place the marinated steaks onto the hot grill.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side until cooked through to your liking.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Make your own!
* Make your own Worcestershire sauce with the Worcestershire Sauce recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.