This recipe comes from my good friend Julia. Julia was actually the one that got me hooked on my thermo mixer about 6 years ago when she purchased one. I love my cooking days with her. She makes the most amazing and delicious recipes. This is one of them! I love her take on Worcestershire Sauce especially because it is anchovy-free unlike store bought versions. - Peta
This was also featured as a free recipe on The 4 Blades blog.
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes apprx. 750ml
Can be frozen
- malt vinegar - 750ml
- molasses - 200g, or treacle
- plum jam - 150g
- garlic cloves - 6, medium
- ginger - 10g, fresh
- cloves - 10g, ground
- chilli - 1/2, small, red (or to taste)
- pepper - 3 tsp, black
- salt - 3 tsp, rock
- Place vinegar (750ml), treacle (200g), jam (150g), garlic (6), ginger (10g), cloves (10g), chilli (1/2), pepper (3 tsp) and salt (3 tsp) into the to bowl.
- Insert measuring cap. Blend Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Program 10 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2. Place internal steaming basket on the lid to prevent splatters.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Program 40 minutes / 100C / Speed 3. Place internal steaming basket on the lid to prevent splatters.
- Replace machine measuring cup. Gradually increase to Speed 8 / 15 seconds.
- Pour into bottles.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Note: This is a very strong smelling sauce whilst cooking so if you can, pop open a window during the cooking process.