This delicious recipe has been shared with us by the amazing Karla from My LaLa Life.
"My boys are very much into their flavoured milks so I wanted to make them a drink that tasted like an icy cold chocolate milkshake but nourishing without leaving them feeling bloated. These Wholesome Chillers definitely did the trick - they slurped it all up. Not only were the kids happy that they got their chocolate treat, but Mummy is too because,well lets face it, I'm always happy when my kids finish their meals and treats without complaint." - Karla
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is better than a thick shake. Thick and creamy - chiller is a great name for it. Kids loved it - even though they sawthe dates go in. Much healthier than a flavoured milk!" - Naomi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Can not be frozen
- dates - 6, Medjool, pitted
- coconut milk - 270ml can
- cacao powder - 2 Tbsp
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- ice - 500g
- milk of choice
- Place dates (6) into bowl. Speed 7 / 8 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add coconut milk (270ml), cacao (2 Tbsp) and vanilla extract (1/2 tsp) into bowl. Speed 3 / 6 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowlagain.
- Add ice (500g). Speed 10 / 30-60 seconds. You may need to use your spatula to assist in the crushing process and at this point your mixture looks like sorbet.
- Add milk (50g). Speed 5 / 8 seconds.
- Pour into glasses and give it a bit of a stir before serving icy cold.