Wholemeal Pizza For Two
Add a little extra love to your meal with these gorgeous heart shaped wholemeal pizzas! They have been shared with us by Sophia Handschuh, the Thermomix Baking Blogger. The wholemeal flour makes the dough richer and more full of flavour. The trick to make the heart shapes equal is to take a piece of A4 paper and fold it in half at the short end. Then cut out half a heart shape towards the folded middle. Unfold and you have a whole heart – simply place it on the pizza dough and cut it out. If you fancy using normal plain flour, simply use 250g of that instead of the wholemeal flour. Should your dough feel a little sticky, add a little flour, but be careful not to add too much or it will be dense.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Easy to follow and simple to make. Very different to our normal pizza base, but enjoyed by all." - Tracey
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 30-35 minutes + 1 hour rising time
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Can be frozen before or after cooking
You will need:
2 round pizza trays or baking trays
- Wholemeal pizza:
- water - 160g, lukewarm
- yeast - 1 Tbsp, dry active
- plain flour - 270g, wholemeal, plus extra for dusting
- olive oil - 10g
- salt - 5g
- passata - 100g, tomato
- cheese - grated
- capsicum - 1, red, orange or yellow, chopped into small pieces
- mushrooms - 3, chopped into small pieces
- zucchini - 1, chopped into small pieces
- Add the lukewarm water (160g) and dry active yeast (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 2.
- Add the wholemeal flour (270g), olive oil (10g) and salt (5g) (in this order!) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Remove from the mixer bowl, place in a separate bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave to rise for one hour.
- Once risen, take the dough out of the bowl and place it onto a floured surface.
- Preheat your oven to 250C.
- Line two round pizza trays or baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a dough cutter, divide the dough into two equal pieces. Roll each piece out to fit the trays. Cut out heart shapes and place on the prepared trays.
- Start assembling the pizzas. First, lightly spoon over some tomato passata (100g total), followed by some grated cheese, chopped capsicum (1 total), chopped mushrooms (3 total) and chopped zucchini (1 total). Finish off with a bit more cheese.
- Leave the pizzas uncovered for another 10 minutes, then bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until deep golden brown.
Make your own!
* Make your own passata with the Passata recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.