Wholemeal Choc Chip Muffins
We often think a good muffin requires 100 ingredients and could never fall under the 5 ingredients category. Well, after some tweaking and some more tweaking and yet again with some more tweaking, we have a delicious and easy muffin recipe for you that requires only a handful of basic ingredients.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Who doesn't love choc chip muffins? These are both delicious and simple to make. I love the addition of maple syrup instead of sugar, as it does add just a little extra flavour." - Shannah
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 18-20 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
Can be frozen
- chocolate chips - 200g
- eggs - 2
- butter - 120g, soft
- water - 200g
- salt - pinch
- maple syrup - 100g
- self raising flour - 250g, wholemeal (*can use GF)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place half the chocolate chips (100g only) into the bowl. Chop Speed 9 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add eggs (2), butter (120g), water (200g), salt (pinch), maple syrup (100g) and self raising flour (250g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 5 / 3 seconds, or until just combined.
- Add remaining chocolate chips (100g) into batter and stir through using your spatula.
- Fill each muffin case 2/3 full with a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
*Water and salt are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add a handful of nuts of choice in Step 4.