Wholemeal Apple and Carrot Muffins
We love to squeeze a little extra nutrition into our baked goods, and this combo of fruit and vegetables does the trick! These apple and carrot muffins do not disappoint. Make them ahead and freeze for easy snacks. Simply thaw before serving.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Quick and tasty, great for a healthy 'snack'. Terrific in the kids' lunchboxes to get fruit and veggies into them. Add a small handful of sultanas for another layer of sweetness." - Gail
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 14-18 minutes
Makes 36 muffin bites
Can be frozen
- carrot - 150g, roughly chopped
- apple - 150g, cored and roughly chopped (no need to peel)
- egg - 3, large
- coconut oil - 100g
- self raising flour - 190g, wholemeal (*can use GF)
- apple juice - 70g
- honey - 35g
- cinnamon - 1.5 tsp, ground
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Either spray the mini muffin tins with nonstick spray or line with paper cases.
- Add the chopped carrot (150g) and chopped apple (150g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the eggs (3), coconut oil (100g), wholemeal self raising flour (190g), apple juice (70g), honey (35g), ground cinnamon (1.5 tsp) and vanilla bean paste (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 6-8 seconds. You may need to use your spatula to aid the mixing process. Be sure not to overmix the batter.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp of cake batter into each paper case.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.