Whole Steamed Fish
Eating a whole fish is a special treat. This rainbow trout is moist, super tasty and packed with fresh lemon and thyme to get the best flavour out of the fish. It's a perfect recipe to use after catching your own fish or buying fresh from a local fishmonger. You can serve with rice, vegetables or salad – whatever is easiest on the road.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Super simple and super tasty." - Karen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- water - 1L
- rainbow trout - 2, gutted
- salt - 1 tsp salt
- pepper - pinch, black
- olive oil - 10g
- lemon - 1, sliced
- fresh thyme - 3 sprigs , leaves only
- rice - vegetables or salad, to serve
- Fill the bowl with water (1L). Wet a piece of baking paper that fits inside the upper tray of the steaming attachment.
- Place the rainbow trout (2) on the steaming attachment upper tray and season with salt (1 tsp), pepper (pinch), oil (10g), lemon (1) and thyme leaves (from 3 sprigs).
- Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Serve immediately with rice, vegetables or a fresh salad.