White Chocolate & Cherry Florentines
Florentines are so very festive. You can just imagine how impressed your lucky gift recipient will be when you present them with these! They have been kindly shared with us from Tenina's Merry Christmix Too book.
"I do love a good Florentine, and may I say, these are amazing. I love the non fiddly approach, especially as Christmas time just seems to get crazier each year…so whip up a batch of these without the fiddle, and you can be gifting in no time flat. (The teachers are going to love getting a little bag of these!)" - Tenina
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Looks fancy and tastes great! I was licking the bowl (carefully!) It's a very easy recipe that will impress! - Shannah
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 40 minutes
Makes approx 30 bars
Can be frozen
- Biscuit base:
- muscovado sugar - 150g
- honey - 100g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- butter - 200g
- cherries - 300g, of choice (dried, glace or combo of both)
- coconut - 100g, shredded
- almonds - 110g, sliced
- cornflour - 50g
- Chocolate topping:
- chocolate - 250g, white
- coconut oil - 20g
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place sugar (150g), honey (100g), vanilla (1 tsp), cinnamon (1 tsp) and butter (200g) into bowl and melt 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add cherries (300g) and combine Reverse+Speed 6 / 3 seconds.
- Add coconut (100g), almonds (110g) and cornflour (50g) and blend Reverse+Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Be sure not to overmix.
- Spread mixture onto prepared tray and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Place chocolate (250g) and coconut oil (20g) into clean and dry machine bowl and chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Melt 6 min / 37C / Speed 1.
- Flip the whole cookie off the tray onto a board and spread with the chocolate. Cut into bars immediately.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
Note: You can pre-make these up to a month in advance, though be warned, you will potentially eat the lot way before that!