Whipped Coconut Cream
This is a very simple dairy-free accompaniment to many of the desserts featured in this issue. It is quickly and easily prepared with a tin of cold coconut cream. The thing to be aware of is to choose a brand of coconut cream that is 100% coconut, without any emulsifiers like guar gum otherwise the cream won’t be firm enough. Thank you to Bianca from Wholefood Simply for this lovely flavour combination.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 2 minutes
Serves 4 as a dessert accompaniment
Keep chilled, do not freeze
Note: you can easily double the quantity of the ingredients to serve more people
- coconut cream - 270mL can, pure, chilled in the fridge overnight
- maple syrup - 1 Tbsp, or your preferred sweetener
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- Insert the whisk attachment into the bowl.
- Open the can of coconut cream and spoon the solid component into the bowl. Any runny liquid can be reserved for future use.
- Add maple syrup (1 Tbsp) and vanilla (1 tsp).
- Program 1 minute / Speed 3.5, taking approximately 10 seconds to reach Speed 3.5.
- Transfer the cream to a serving dish and refrigerate until required.