Watermelon Sorbet Thermomix Recipe
In Episode 131 of the podcast, we share four fabulous Thermomix watermelon recipes. It is stinking hot in our little part of the world and watermelon has become a daily staple in our house. We have found four great ways to use it as a cool refreshing treat. These recipes are super easy and we have no doubts you will want to make one straight away.
Have you ever bought a whole watermelon and left it on the bench because you had no room in the fridge? Watermelons are well and truly in season at the time of recording this podcast so we can pick them up for $1-$1.50 per kg. This is GREAT but you do need to use them up because when watermelon goes bad it’s a stinky sticky mess.
One thing you can do is chop up your watermelon and freeze it in 300g portions.
Why 300g you ask? Well, we have found with ice and frozen fruit 300g is about the limit for the thermo before you are left with big chunks left whirring around the centre of the blades.
This is a super easy and fresh dessert or snack that you can whip up in no time with that frozen watermelon.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
- watermelon - 300g, chopped and frozen
- lemon - 1, juice only, can use lime
- Add the chopped frozen watermelon (300g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 5-10 seconds until the sound changes and all the iced watermelon is on the walls of the Thermomix. Scrape down sides.
- Add the lemon or lime juice (from 1 lemon or lime) to the bowl. Blitz again Speed 6 / 5-10 seconds.
- Spoon into a bowl and enjoy!