Watermelon, Ginger and Lime Thermomix Iceblocks
In Episode 131, we share four fabulous Thermomix watermelon recipes. It is stinking hot in our little part of the world and watermelon has become a daily staple in our house. We have found four great ways to use it as a cool refreshing treat. These recipes are super easy and we have no doubts you will want to make one straight away.
Oh. My. Goodness. These are truly truly delicious. You are going to LOVE them. Blitz up a batch and no doubt you will even just love the juice as it is. Such a great treat. It has a complex flavour profile.
For a SUPER simple watermelon ice block you can simply blitz up watermelon in the thermo and pour into moulds and it will be delicious. You can also blitz it up with some orange or pineapple for a more simple ice block.
BUT for something a little bit different (and REALLY delicious), you could also put in some pineapple chunks whole into the moulds and pour the juice over the top before freezing.
PS. How cute is this little bunny ice block? Polly’s Nana got it for her because she knows how much Polly LOVES ice blocks.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 2 hours
- watermelon - 450g, chopped
- lime - 1, peeled and halved
- ginger - 1cm piece, peeled
- fresh mint - 2 stalks, leaves only
- Add the chopped watermelon (450g), lime flesh (fr0m 1 lime), peeled ginger (1cm piece) and fresh mint leaves (from 2 stalks) into the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Pour into iceblock moulds and freeze.