An impressive cake on the outside, delicious fresh fruit on the inside! The decadent exterior is deceiving, isn't it? Try ditching the traditional cake for your next party, and surprise your guests with this!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "What a great alternative to cake and pavlova! It is a light, refreshing dessert that would be perfect for a barbecue on a hot summer's day. People will be happily surprised when they cut into this delicious cake." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Serves a lot!
Can be frozen
- cream - 600ml, thickened
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- watermelon - 1, whole, small to medium size
- coconut - 100g, toasted, shredded
- fruit of choice - fresh
- If you need to toast your own shredded coconut, heat a frypan and stir continually until you reach the level of toasting that you prefer.
- Place cream (600ml) and vanilla (1 tsp) into bowl. Insert whisk attachment. Speed 4 until whipped, approximately 20-30 seconds, however, watch it closely as it may be much quicker. Set aside.
- Carefully cut away both ends of the watermelon to form a nice flat bottom and top. Carefully cut away all the watermelon rind. The easiest way to do this is by cutting down in strips.
- Pat the watermelon dry with paper towel.
- Using a spatula, carefully apply the cream by patting it on to the side of the watermelon.
- Sprinkle the coconut (100g) onto the cream and press it in gently.
- Top with fresh fruit of choice and serve.