Watermelon and Feta Bruschetta
Watermelon, feta and balsamic vinegar make a delicious combination, and they are found in a lot of summertime salads. We have taken this match made in heaven and turned it into a great starter for your next summer BBQ. If you are hosting a crowd, you can easily double, triple or even quadruple the spread quantities and increase the amount of watermelon and sourdough proportionally. Fabulous for entertaining!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Our dinner guests loved it and all asked for the recipe. This combo was absolutely delicious, and I can't wait to make it again. A new favourite for us!" - Renee
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- bread - 8 thick slices, sourdough (*can use GF; make your own with the Sourdough Bread recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue)
- olive oil - optional, to toast
- watermelon - 200g, finely diced into 1cm cubes
- balsamic vinegar reduction - optional (make your own with the Balsamic Vinegar Reduction recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue)
- fresh mint - leaves, shredded
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- fresh mint - 10 leaves
- balsamic vinegar - 1 tsp
- feta cheese - 200g, smooth
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked black
- Add the garlic clove (1), mint leaves (10), vinegar (1 tsp), feta (200g) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Blend Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Toast the sourdough slices (8). We find that toasting in olive oil in a griddle is a nice way to do it.
- Spread the cheese mixture over each slice.
- Top with diced watermelon (200g total). Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar reduction if desired. Top with shredded mint.