Warm Salmon Salad
This is a healthy and delicious meal that can be served for lunch or dinner. The dressing is really yummy and can be used with other salads too. To make life easier, slice the celery with a mandolin and buy pitted olives.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was a very tasty and easy dish that used the whole mixer. Light but tasty flavours. Great to take as a plate to share or to lunch with friends." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Cooked fish can be frozen
- walnuts - 150g
- water - 500g
- salmon - 700g, fillets, fresh, skin off
- lettuce - 1/2, head of iceberg, washed and roughly chopped
- olives - 150g, pitted and roughly chopped kalamatas
- celery - 250g, thinly sliced
- fresh parsley - 30g, leaves, washed and roughly chopped
- fresh basil - 10g, leaves, washed and roughly chopped
- apple cider vinegar - 20g
- lemon juice - 20g
- mustard - 25g, seeded
- salt - pinch
- olive oil - 60g
- avocado - 40g (or macadamia nut oil)
- Preheat oven to 150C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place walnuts (150g) on tray. Once oven is to temperature, heat walnuts for 4-7 minutes until slightly golden and aromatic. Do not leave them, as they will burn quickly. Once toasted, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place water (500g) into the bowl. Take wet and well-wrung baking paper and use it to line the steaming attachment upper tray.
- Place salmon fillets (700g) onto the paper and season with salt and pepper. Ensure baking paper has enough space for the fillets, then fold any excess paper close to the fillets to allow more steam to flow through. This keeps the fillets more moist and also makes cleaning up easier.
- Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 10-15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2 (depending on how thick your fillets are) until the salmon flakes when pressed with a fork. Once cooked, set steaming attachment aside to cool fillets slightly.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare the lettuce (1/2 head) and place it into a large bowl.
- Add the olives (150g), celery (250g), parsley (30g), basil (10g) and walnuts to the bowl with the lettuce.
- Once salmon is cool enough to handle, flake it into large bite-size pieces and add to other ingredients in the bowl.
- Place vinegar (20g), lemon juice (20g), mustard (25g) and salt (pinch) into the mixer bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 15 seconds.
- Weigh the olive oil (60g) and avocado oil (40g) into a jug. Program 2 minutes / Speed 4, while slowly pouring oil onto the lid so that it flows into the bowl.
- Pour on top of salad and toss.
- Serve immediately.