Warm Pumpkin and Quinoa Salad
We love light and healthy side dishes! This deliciously warm salad is a great accompaniment to grilled meat for a scrumptious easy meal. It is equally delicious cold the next day.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I had this twice... once warm, for dinner, and once cool, for breakfast. It was the yummiest and healthiest breakfast I've had for ages! Would recommend as a side or a main. I thought it tasted even better the following day cool." - Erika
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Serves 2 as a main, or 6 as a side
Cannot be frozen
- orange - 1, large, juice only
- honey - 30g
- cumin - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 20g
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- pumpkin - 1/2, butternut, peeled and cubed
- quinoa - 90g
- water - 500g
- rocket - 100g, leaves
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Place orange juice (from 1 orange), honey (30g), cumin (1 tsp), oil (20g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) in mixer bowl. Combine Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Place pumpkin (1/2) into baking dish. Pour half of the dressing over the top.Mix to combine.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring at the 15 minute mark.
- Rinse quinoa (90g) really well. Place quinoa into internal steaming basket and cover with water (500g). Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove from bowl and allow to cool.
- Remove pumpkin from oven. Allow to cool.
- Combine quinoa, pumpkin and rocket (100g) with remaining dressing. Mix to combine and serve.