Warm Potato Salad with Chicken and Crispy Prosciutto
This tasty meal can be served as a whole meal or an awesome side dish for your next BBQ. It has a great flavour profile, with the zing of mustard and the crispy saltiness of the prosciutto.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "OMG this was great! The whole family enjoyed." - Diana
Contains: Dairy / Egg
No: Gluten / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 45 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- water - 500g
- eggs - 7
- potatoes - 1kg, baby, quartered
- chicken breasts - 2 sliced into strips
- Parmesan cheese - 100g
- fresh parsley - handful
- butter - 80g
- milk - 220g
- tapioca starch - 3 tsp
- mustard - 1 Tbsp, Dijon
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- prosciutto - 4 slices
- spring onion - sliced, to garnish
- Add water (500g) to the bowl and place the eggs (6 only) into the internal steaming basket and set into place.
- Add the potatoes (1kg) into the steaming attachment lower dish and the chicken breasts (2) into the steaming attachment upper tray. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove the internal steaming basket with the eggs. Stir the potatoes in the steaming attachment. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. While cooking, allow the eggs to cool, then peel and quarter. Set aside.
- Remove the upper tray of the steaming attachment with the chicken strips. Set aside. Stir the potatoes. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Ensure the potatoes are cooked through when finished (if not, steam for a further 5-10 minutes) then set aside in a large salad bowl with the chopped boiled eggs.
- Add cheese (100g) and parsley (handful) to a dry bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 4-5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 8 / 4-5 seconds. Set aside.
- Add butter (80g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C / Speed 1, or until completely melted.
- Add milk (220g), tapioca starch (3 tsp), remaining egg (1), Dijon mustard (1 Tbsp), salt and pepper and grated cheese and herbs. Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- While that’s cooking, fry the prosciutto slices over a hot frying pan. Set aside to cool on a paper towel.
- Add the cooked chicken to the cheese sauce. Shred Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds.
- Add chicken / cheese sauce mix to the salad bowl with the potato and eggs and mix well. Top with crumbled fried prosciutto and some sliced spring onion.
- Serve while warm (but you can also serve cold if you prefer!)