Warm Pineapple Coconut Cakes
Most people have a tin of pineapple in the pantry, and this is a great way to use it! You can have these lovely cakes prepared in less than 10 minutes and ready to serve just 30 minutes later. The smell reminds you of a tropical island, and they are absolutely delicious with ice cream!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Super quick and easy to make. By serving them in ramekins to eat, the ice cream / cream / custard melts into the cakes! It's like a pudding cake!" - Gail
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- butter - 180g, diced, plus extra for greasing
- sugar - 90g
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- pineapple - 400g tin, crushed
- desiccated coconut - 60g
- self raising flour - 200g
- eggs - 4
- salt - pinch
- ice cream - or cream, or custard, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease 6 small ramekins and place onto a baking tray.
- Add butter (180g), sugar (90g) and vanilla (1/2 tsp) to bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 25 seconds.
- Add the pineapple (400g tin), coconut (60g), self raising flour (200g), eggs (4) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds, or until combined.
- Pour into ramekins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and just slightly brown on top.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with ice cream, cream or custard.