Warm Pesto Artichoke Toasts
A deliciously warming snack for those cold afternoons. We show you how you can make artichoke appealing to almost anyone by creating this yummy spread and topping it with mozzarella before melting to perfection.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It looked good, the mozzarella was nicely melted and caramelised. Taste was good!" - Bram
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time approx. 8 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 80g
- pine nuts - 60g
- fresh basil - 1 bunch, leaves only
- olive oil - 20g
- ricotta cheese - 100g (make your own with the Ricotta Cheese recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue)
- artichokes - 140g, jarred hearts
- bread - 4, thick slices of sourdough, toasted (*can use GF; make your own with the Sourdough Bread recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue)
- lemon juice
- mozzarella cheese - 100g, grated
- If you need to grate your mozzarella, add mozzarella to the bowl (100g) and grind Speed 6 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add Parmesan cheese (80g), pine nuts (60g), basil (1 bunch) and olive oil (20g) to the bowl. Mill Speed 8 / 12 seconds.
- Add ricotta (100g) and artichoke hearts (140g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Spread over toasted sourdough (4 slices). Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Top with grated mozzarella (100g) and place under a hot grill until cheese has melted.