Warm Lemon and Mint Green Bean Salad
Green beans don't get the credit they deserve. Budget friendly, easy to flavour and the ability to bring a steamed bean dish to life. Lemon and mint go so well together that they make a delicious addition to the beans. Serve these warm or cold.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A perfect summertime accompanying dish to go with everything from fish to beef. The flavours meld together to explode on the tastebuds." - Channy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Serves 4-6 as a side
Can be frozen
- water - 500g, hot
- green beans - 500g, topped and tailed, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- lemon - 1, zest only
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- chilli - 1, optional
- fresh mint - 20g, plus extra to garnish
- olive oil - 15g, good quality
- salt flakes - 1/2 tsp
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Fill bowl with hot water (500g).
- Place beans (500g) into the lower dish of the steaming attachment. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 8 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Check to see if the beans are to your preferred level of firmness. Continue cooking for 2-4 minutes if preferred. Set aside.
- To the clean dry bowl, add lemon zest (from 1 lemon), garlic clove (1), chilli (1) and mint (20g). Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (15g) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Add steamed beans to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 2 / 10 seconds.
- Transfer to a serving dish, season well with salt and pepper, garnish with additional mint leaves and serve.