Warm Grilled Corn Salad
A very easy, colourful and delicious side to go with our Mexican Roast Chicken and Lime and Coriander Rice. Serve some shredded chicken and a little of this salad in corn tortillas for a delicious lunch.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Best served fresh.
- corn - 4 cobs, without husks
- onion - ½, spanish, peeled and halved
- fresh coriander - ½ bunch, or less to taste
- lime - 1, halved
- salt - pinch
- Place corn cobs onto a hot BBQ or into a large frying or griddle pan over medium heat on the stove. Cook until slightly browned and charred. Turn often to avoid burning.
- Remove kernels from the cob once charred. Keep warm.
- Place onion (1/2) and coriander (1/2 bunch) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add corn kernels to the bowl along with the lime juice (from 1 lime) and salt (pinch). Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Combine with salad servers, season to taste.