Warm Date Mug Cake
It can't get more comforting than this! Super rich and delicious, this recipe makes four small serves and boy oh boy do those serves satisfy! A great option for an individually portioned dessert that the family will love.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This decadent mug cake tastes amazing while still warm, and the best part is that it takes no time at all! I like mine served with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of cream." - Shannah
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes + 10 minutes for optional sauce
Cannot be frozen
- Caramel sauce (optional):
- cream - 200g, pure
- butter - 50g
- brown sugar - 50g
- dates - 8, pitted, halved
- water - 30g, boiling
- bicarb soda - 1/4 tsp
- brown sugar - 60g
- butter - 40g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- self raising flour - 100g (*can use GF if required)
- milk - 1 Tbsp
- egg - 1
Caramel sauce (optional):
- Add the cream (200g), butter (50g) and sugar (50g) to bowl.
- Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on. Set aside in a pouring jug.
- Place dates (8), water (30g) and bicarb soda (1/4 tsp) into the bowl. Combine Speed 3 / 5 seconds. Allow to sit in the bowl whilst preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Add the brown sugar (60g), butter (40g), vanilla (1 tsp), self raising flour (100g), milk (1 Tbsp) and egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds until just combined. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
- Pour into 4 greased mugs so that they are filled halfway to the top.
- Microwave on medium (approx. 900W) for 2 minutes. Allow to sit for 2 minutes. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing.
- Serve with warm caramel sauce over the top.