Warm Chocolate Milk
This is a simple warming drink, perfect for kids in the afternoon. It's not too hot, like a hot chocolate can be, but it still has a fun froth so that it feels like a treat. It only uses 3 simple ingredients, so the extra benefit is that you know exactly what is in it... no nasties. Oh, and kids can have fun making it for themselves!
Junior Recipe Tester Feedback: "This actually tastes really good" - Sam, Age 7
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Serves 1, can adjust quantity as required
Best served fresh, or kept in the fridge and reheated.
- milk of choice - 200g (tested with cow's milk)
- cacao powder - 1 tsp
- maple syrup - 15g (1 Tbsp) (can adjust to taste)
- Add the milk (200g), cacao (1 tsp) and maple syrup (15g) to the bowl.
- Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 3.
- Sit the simmering basket on the lid.
- Froth the milk Speed 7 / 20 seconds.
- Ready to serve!