Warm Chicken, Pumpkin and Cauliflower Salad
Fresh and fabulous, this salad is about to become your new favourite (healthy!) midweek meal. It has been shared with us by Emily Coupar from Paleo Thermie. It cooks the pumpkin and chicken together in the lower dish of your steaming attachment, while having a yummy cauliflower rice steaming above. Super tasty, and healthy to boot.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This dish was so yummy. We loved it!" - Kristy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- cauliflower - 1/2 head, roughly chopped
- pumpkin - 300g, chopped into 1cm cubes
- chicken breast - 400g, fillet, chopped into 1cm cubes
- water - 500g
- baby spinach - 150g
- capsicums - 2, sliced
- cashew nuts - toasted, handful (*omit for NF)
- olives - handful, pitted kalamatas
- cucumber - 1, diced
- cherry tomatoes - 25-30, halved
- Sun dried tomato dressing:
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- sun dried tomatoes - 100g
- cashew nuts - 100g (*omit for NF)
- balsamic vinegar - 20g
- nutritional yeast flakes - 1 Tbsp
- lemon - 50g, juice
- Place cauliflower florets (from 1/2 head) in mixer bowl. Chop Reverse+Speed 5 / 5 seconds until it resembles rice.
- Place pumpkin cubes (300g) in lower dish of steaming attachment and place chicken cubes (400g) on top of the pumpkin.
- Wet a piece of baking paper and slightly scrunch it. Place it on the steaming attachment upper tray.Place cauliflower onto the lined tray and set aside.
- Place water (500g) in mixer bowl. Set steaming attachment (lower dish only) in place. Program 17 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Stir pumpkin and chicken before adding cauliflower tray. Program 7:30 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Check that the chicken is fully cooked and set steaming attachment aside. If it requires further cooking, simply continue for a few more minutes.
Sun dried tomato dressing:
- Place garlic clove (1) in mixer bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add sun dried tomatoes (100g), cashews (100g), vinegar (20g), yeast flakes (1 Tbsp) and lemon juice (50g). Closed Lid / Turbo / 3 x 1 second blasts or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Toss chicken, pumpkin, cauliflower and baby spinach (150g) together with the capsicums (2) and sun dried tomato dressing.
- Add cashews (handful), olives (handful), cucumber pieces (1) and cherry tomatoes (25-30), and serve.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites