Walnut Chocolate Thins
This recipe has been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. Here's what she had to say about it: "Wrap with care, give with love. You will be the fave neighbour, work colleague, friend, nanna, mum or dad ever… what are you waiting for?" - Tenina
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I loved the slightly nutty taste to these biscuits, and the melted chocolate on the top just added to the taste!" - Karissa
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 16-20 biscuits
Can be frozen
- oats - 50g, rolled
- walnuts - 50g
- brown sugar - 100g
- butter - 50g
- cream - 50g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- plain flour - 50g
- chocolate - 120-140g, dark
- Optional toppings:
- candy canes - crushed
- mixed peel - candied
- salt flakes - pink
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the oats (50g) and walnuts (50g) onto the prepared tray.
- Toast for 8 minutes in a cold oven set to 200C. Remove and cool slightly. Reduce the oven temperature to 180C.
- Move the oat mixture to the mixer bowl. Mill Speed 8 / 2 seconds. Remove from bowl and set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the brown sugar (100g), butter (50g), cream (50g) and vanilla bean paste (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 80C / Speed 1.
- Program 1 minute / Speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat 1 minute / Speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oat mixture and plain flour (50g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Dollop tablespoons of mixture onto the prepared tray.
- Bake at 180C for 10 minutes, or until golden and just going darker on the edges. They will spread during baking. Allow biscuits to cool completely on the tray.
- Add the dark chocolate (120-140g) to the clean, dry bowl. Program 5 minutes / 60C / Speed 2. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Dip each biscuit into the melted chocolate and allow to set a little before scraping a pattern with a fork.
- Decorate with garnishes of choice. Allow to set in the fridge before serving or wrapping.