Waffles with Balsamic Strawberries
Waffles are a hit with many! They look so impressive but they are actually really easy to make at home. You simply need a waffle iron, which can be picked up quite cheaply from homewares stores and general retailers. In this recipe we have paired the basic waffles with balsamic strawberries, but you can get creative with your waffle toppings and include some of your favourites. Of course, you can use the waffle recipe and pair it with strawberries and chocolate sauce for a memorable dessert. Don't forget the homemade chocolate sauce recipe in the 2015 Easter Bonus issue, available to all subscribers.
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 12 waffles
Waffles can be frozen
- eggs - 2
- milk of choice - 350g
- butter - 90g, melted
- vanilla - 2 tsp, extract
- self raising flour - 300g
- sugar - 3 Tbsp of choice
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Balsamic strawberries:
- strawberries - 250g, fresh, hulled and halved
- balsamic vinegar - 1 Tbsp, good quality
- icing sugar - for dusting
- Place eggs (2), milk (350g), melted butter (90g) and vanilla (2 tsp) in to bowl. Mix on Speed 4 / 10 seconds. This is your wet mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add flour (300g), sugar (3 Tbsp) and salt (1/2 tsp) and mix until combined. This is your dry mixture.
- Add half of the dried mixture to the wet mixture. Combine Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of bowl and add remaining dry mixture to wet mixture. Combine Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Follow your waffle iron's instructions for cooking the waffles. Cooking times and sizing of waffles will vary from machine to machine.
- Whilst they are cooking away, add strawberries (250g) and balsamic vinegar (1 Tbsp) to a small bowl and stir to combine. Allow to sit whilst cooking the remaining waffles.
- Serve waffles with balsamic strawberries and a dusting of icing sugar.