Veggie Packed Egg Scramble
This is exactly what the name says – a veggie packed egg scramble! What the name doesn't tell you, however, is that it is not only filling but also delicious! This is perfect for vegetarian families. You could also make it stretch further by adding more eggs and additional veggies.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Was colourful and visually appealing... and had a scrumptious taste! A quick, protein-packed delicious meal for a great brunch, handy school lunch or easy dinner... winner winner all round!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1/2, peeled and halved
- capsicum - 1/2 green, deseeded and finely diced
- butter - 40g, melted
- eggs - 4
- cream - 50g
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- fresh chives - 1/2 bunch, chopped
- fresh basil - 10 leaves, shredded
- baby spinach - 30g leaves, shredded
- tomato - 1, deseeded and finely diced
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), halved onion (1/2) and diced capsicum (1/2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the melted butter (40g), eggs (4), cream (50g) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Add the chopped chives (1/2 bunch), shredded basil leaves (10), shredded spinach (30g) and diced tomato (1) to the bowl. Combine with your spatula.
- Place a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Drizzle with oil.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly to form a scrambled egg-like texture. Cook until cooked through.
- Place into warmed insulated food flask and into the school bag for the day.