Looking for a good veggie burger that packs a flavour punch? These have been contributed by Toni from Make It Perfect and they are absolutely divine. Full of flavour and some bonus unexpected crunchy bits... don't we all love those? To top it off, they are good for you. You could have them with the superfood salad and a relish, but they would be equally yum on some Turkish bread (there's a great recipe for this in The Celebrations Issue!)
Contains: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 8 burger patties
Can be frozen
- oats - 90g, rolled
- bread - 2-3 slices, grain
- onion - 1/2
- garlic clove - 1, large
- olive oil - 30g
- carrot - 1
- fresh parsley - 1 big handful
- cannellini beans - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- egg - 1
- sunflower kernels - 70g, toasted
- almonds - 60g, silvered, toasted
- soy sauce - 1 Tbsp
- chilli paste - 1.5 tsp
- cumin - 1 tsp, ground
- dried oregano - 1 tsp, or dried herbs of choice
- oil - for cooking
- Add oats (90g) and bread (2-3 slices) into bowl. Process into crumbs Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Add onion (1/2) and garlic (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Add olive oil (15g only). Program 1 minute / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add carrot (1), beans (400g) and parsley (handful) to bowl. Process Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 4 seconds.
- Add oat / bread mix, sunflower seeds (70g), almonds (60g), olive oil (remaining 15g), soy sauce (1 Tbsp), chilli (1.5 tsp), cumin (1 tsp), oregano (1 tsp), and salt & pepper to the bowl.
- Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds or until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Spray frying pan with olive oil and cook for 3-5 minutes each side until well browned and cooked through.