Vegetarian Chow Mein For Two
This is a quick and tasty dinner option that you can have on the table in less than 30 minutes! If you want to make this dish go a little further, feel free to add some extra veggies or even some tofu or an egg for a bit of extra protein. If you want it to go a lot further, just double the ingredients.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was quick and tasty and had a nice balance of flavours with the garlic and ginger." - Kristen
Contains: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Variations: *Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
- chow mein noodles - small packet, fresh, to serve two (*can use rice vermicelli noodles for GF / EF)
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- ginger - 3cm piece, peeled
- peanut oil - 15g
- onion - 1/2, brown, peeled and thinly sliced
- carrot - 1/2, julienned
- cabbage - 1/4, shredded
- snow peas - 10, cut into thirds diagonally
- chicken stock - 30g, liquid, or water
- soy sauce - 30g, (*ensure GF if required)
- hoisin sauce - 30g, (*ensure GF if required)
- spring onion - sliced, to garnish
- Boil a kettle of water. Pour the kettle over the chow mein noodles (1 small packet) in an insulated server. Set a timer for 10 minutes. Drain the noodles after this time.
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1) and peeled ginger (3cm piece) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the peanut oil (15g), peeled and thinly sliced onion (1/2) and julienned carrot (1/2) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Add the shredded cabbage (1/4), sliced snow peas (10), liquid stock (30g), soy sauce (30g) and hoisin sauce (30g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Add this mixture to the noodles and mix to combine.
- Garnish with sliced spring onions and serve.