These vegetable tartlets are packed with super fresh flavours. It is almost likeItaly on a tart. You can easily freeze them before baking and bake from frozen.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Great to make ahead and freeze, ready to pop inthe oven for a really easy lunch. Awesome flavour combination." - Karen
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 18-20 minutes
Serves 4 as an entree or side, can easily double or triple
Can be frozen
- puff pastry - 1 sheet, ready rolled (make your own using the Iced Puff Pastry recipe from The Easter Subscriber Bonus Issue)
- pesto - 4 tsp, green (make your own using the Green Eggs and Ham recipe from The Breakfast Issue)
- zucchini - 1, in small chunks
- asparagus - 200g, fresh
- capsicum - 100g, jarred roasted
- olives - handful, pitted kalamata (optional)
- mozzarella cheese - 100g, fresh, torn into small pieces, or grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a large rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the sheet of pastry into 4 equal sized rectangles. Place on the preparedtray.
- Spread over the green pesto (1 tsp per piece), leaving a 1cm border aroundeach pastry.
- Chop the tips off the asparagus (200g) and place aside. Put the remaining asparagus, chopped into large pieces, in the bowl. Add the zucchini (1) and chop Speed 4.5 / 3 seconds. Pour the mixture over the pesto.
- Chop the capsicum (100g) into strips and place on top of the zucchini mixture. Decorate with the olives (handful), reserved asparagus tips and mozzarella (100g).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Serve immediately.