This is a meal that really stretches. Simply serve on thick cut toast for a delicious and filling dinner. You can use any vegetable you like in this dish. Cauliflower and broccoli are great budget friendly options.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A great vegetable side dish or lunch option. Easy to substitute with other veggies as a great way to use up leftover veggies." - Kristen
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- cheese - 130g, cubed, tasty
- dried onion flakes - 2 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- mustard powder - 1 tsp, yellow
- nutmeg - 1/2 tsp, ground
- milk - 1L
- butter - 100g, plus extra for greasing
- plain flour - 120g
- carrots - 3, large dice
- sweet potato - 200g, peeled and cubed
- pumpkin - 300g, peeled and cubed
- parsnips - 200g, peeled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 170C. Lightly grease a large rectangle baking dish.
- Place cheese (130g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Set aside. There is no need to wash the bowl before the next step.
- Place the onion flakes (2 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 tsp), mustard powder (1 tsp), nutmeg (1/2 tsp), milk (1L), butter (100g) and plain flour (120g) into the bowl. Program 9 minutes / 90C / Speed 4.
- Meanwhile, place the carrots (3), sweet potato (200g), pumpkin (300g) and parsnips (200g) into the large baking dish.
- Pour sauce over the vegetables and top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Serve as a side, over pasta or over toasted sourdough.