This colourful vegetarian lasagne is packed with delicious ingredients to make a wholesome meal that the whole family will love. It is perfect for the kids if they don’t like to eat their veggies because you can hide them nicely between the delicious lasagne sheets.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This lasagne is much lighter than traditional versions and would be great for a light dinner or lunch. You can easily tweak this to use up excess veggies in the fridge at the end of the week when the budget is tight." - Kylie
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Cannot be frozen
- carrots - 2, chopped into large chunks
- cabbage - 1, savoy, small
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- chilli - 1, red, halved, optional
- dried rosemary - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 20g
- tomatoes - 800g tin, diced
- vegetable stock - 1, cube, or 2 tsp vegetable stock
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch, black, ground
- sugar - 1 tsp
- fresh basil - 3-4 springs, leaves only
- dried oregano - 1 tsp
- lasagne sheets - 12-16, fresh (*can use GF)
- feta cheese - 200g (*omit for DF)
- Add carrots (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4.5 / 5 seconds. Transfer to the steaming attachment lower dish.
- Slice the cabbage (1) into strips and add to the carrots in the steaming attachment. Set aside. Optional: Choose some other vegetables to add to the lasagne and steam them alongside the carrot and cabbage.
- Add the onion (1), garlic clove (1), chilli (1) and rosemary (1 tsp) to the mixer bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g). Program 3 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the tomatoes (800g tin) and stock cube (1) to the bowl and set the steaming attachment in place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 2. Set the steaming attachment aside after steaming.
- Add salt (pinch), pepper (pinch), sugar (1 tsp), basil leaves (from 3-4 sprigs), and oregano (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- To assemble the lasagne, add layers to the bottom of a rectangular ovenproof dish in this order: tomato sauce, lasagne sheets (12-16 total), tomato sauce, half of the veggies, lasagne sheets, tomato sauce, the other half of the veggies, lasagne sheets and the remaining tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle over the feta (200g) and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Serve immediately.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.