Vegan Chocolate Mousse
This vegan chocolate mousse is a treat that can be enjoyed by many as it does not contain some of the more common allergens. It has been shared with us by Sophia from Thermomix Baking Blogger. It is ready in 30 seconds and it tastes particularly yummy when served raw with strawberries! You can make this mousse in advance if you are expecting guests - it keeps really well in the fridge for up to two days.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Woah, this is good! I called it choc dipping sauce which I served with a platter of fruit for my kids - it went down a treat!" - Sally-ann
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 1 minute
Serves 2, can be doubled
Cannot be frozen
- avocado - 1, flesh only
- dates - 6, Medjool, pitted
- maple syrup - 1 Tbsp, or agave nectar
- coconut milk - 150g, good quality, or coconut cream
- cacao powder - 10-20g (to taste)
- coffee - 1 tsp, instant
- chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp, ground, rock
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- Place the avocado (1), dates (6), maple syrup (1 Tbsp), coconut milk (150g), cacao (10 20g), coffee powder (1 tsp), chilli powder (1/4 tsp), salt (1/4 tsp) and vanilla extract (1 tsp) in the mixer bowl.
- Combine on Speed 6 / 30 seconds, or until you have a smooth mousse. If it is still a bit chunky, scrape down sides and give it another 10 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy!