Vegan Alfredo Spaghetti
This delicious vegan dish can be as simple or as complex as you like. For kids, serving as pictured above will be a huge hit. For an alternative option, try adding in some extra salt and / or chilli flakes. For a real flavour bomb, mix olive oil, salt and chilli flakes through some mushrooms before stirring the mushrooms through the spaghetti, along with some cloves of roasted garlic.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This dish is super versatile and can be used as a base sauce with herbs or chilli added to it prior to coating the pasta. You couldn't get higher praise from my son!" - Claire K.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- pasta - 400g, or rice noodles (*ensure GF and EF if required)
- almond milk - 300g
- potato - 250g, peeled and cubed
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp, ground
- nutritional yeast flakes - 2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- fresh parsley - to garnish
- chilli flakes - optional
- mushrooms - slices, optional
- garlic cloves - optional, roasted
- Cook the pasta (400g) according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add the almond milk (300g), potato (250g), onion flakes (1 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 tsp), turmeric (1/2 tsp), yeast flakes (2 tsp) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Program 10 minutes / 90C / Speed 2, measuring cap off.
- Blend Speed 7 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on. Add more milk to thin the sauce, if needed.
- Stir the sauce through the pasta.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.