Veg on Veg Pizza
We know that some of our readers try to reduce the amount of carbohydrate heavy foods they eat. Well, if that's you, we couldn't have you going without pizza! This pizza is less greasy and carb heavy than most pizzas, and that's because the base is made with cauliflower. Topping this base with caramelised onions is just divine. This recipe will make one pizza, but if you prefer a very thin base you can simply divide the mixture to make two.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "There's nothing better than homemade pizzas made with your own toppings. We especially loved the added flavour of the caramelised onions. My kids and husband didn't even realise that the base was made out of cauliflower!" - Sharree
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Caramelised Onions
- onion - 400g, thinly sliced
- balsamic vinegar - 30g
- olive oil - 15g
- cauliflower - 500g, in small florets
- eggs - 2
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, grated
- pizza sauce - 2 Tbsp, make your own with the Pizza Sauce recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue
- capsicum - 90g, roasted strips
- mozzarella cheese - 100g, grated
1. Add the onion (400g), vinegar (15g only) and oil (15g) to the bowl. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap on.
2. Remove any onions from around the blades, and wipe the spatula over the base of the bowl to loosen up any reduced balsamic.
3. Add the remaining vinegar (15g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off.
1. Preheat the oven to 230C. Set the pizza stone in the oven.
2. Add the cauliflower florets (500g) to the bowl. Process Reverse+Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
3. Program 12 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1. Allow to cool.
4. Add the eggs (2) and grated cheese (100g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
5. Process again Speed 4 / 4 seconds.
6. Remove the pizza stone from the oven and lay a piece of baking paper on top of the pizza stone. Pour the batter on top of the baking paper and spread into a 1cm thick circle with a spatula.
7. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
1. Remove the base from the oven.
2. Carefully spread a very thin layer of pizza sauce (2 Tbsp) over the base.
3. Top with the onions, roasted capsicum (90g) and cheese (100g).
4. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until your toppings are cooked to your preferred level.
5. Remove from the oven, slice and serve