Vanilla Cheesecake with Lemon Curd Topping
Make this dreamy vanilla cheesecake at home to impress the whole family. Its fluffy texture is perfectly balanced with some zesty lemon curd topping to make a beautiful cake that is worthy a prime spot at the table.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe is quite easy to follow and the end result is a very delicious vanilla cheesecake with yum lemon curd topping. I will most definitely be making it again!" - Gerri
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Makes 16 slices
Can be frozen
- Lemon curd (Alternatively: use 100g storebought lemon curd):
- sugar - 240g
- lemons - 3, zest and juice only
- butter - 120g
- eggs - 3
- Vanilla cheesecake:
- butter - 70g, unsalted
- digestive biscuits - 175g (*or plain GF sweet biscuits)
- caster sugar - 175g
- cream cheese - 750g
- double cream - 100g
- eggs - 3
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- water - 1.6L
- Place the sugar (240g only) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 15 seconds.
- Add the lemon zest (from 3 lemons) and blitz again Speed 10 / 20 seconds.
- Add the butter (120g only), eggs (3 only) and lemon juice (150g, from 3 lemons). Cook 20 minutes / 90C / Speed 2, measuring cap off.
- Blitz Speed 6 / 25 seconds. Transfer to a bowl. Once cooled down, refrigerate.
- Line a 20cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the unsalted butter (70g) in the bowl. Melt 4 minutes / 50C / Speed2.
- Add the digestive biscuits (175g) to the bowl and blitz Speed 10 / 6 seconds.
- Place in the prepared tin and press down and 2cm up the edge, using a tablespoon.
- Clean and dry the bowl. If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (175g) and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- Place the caster sugar, cream cheese (750g), cream (100g), eggs (3) and vanilla extract (1 tsp) in the bowl. Combine Speed 3 / 45 seconds. Pour over the base.
- Clean the bowl. Fill with water (1.2L only). Cover the cake tightly with clingfilm and place in the lower dish of the steaming attachment. Put on top of the bowl and steam 60 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove the steaming attachment and refill the water to 1L (approx. 400g).Replace the attachment and steam again 30 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove from the steaming attachment and leave to cool entirely.
- Once cool, remove the tin and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, spread over the lemon curd and serve chilled. You will likely have leftover lemon curd. Enjoy it with ice cream or drizzled on cakes.