Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Raspberry Coulis
This spectacular sweet has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. This recipe is guaranteed to impress any dinner guest, but in true Alyce Alexandra style it is both simple and quick, and you’ll already have most of the ingredients in your pantry. A simple combination of cream, milk, sugar, gelatine and vanilla bean will whip up the panna cotta in less than ten minutes, which is then left to set for four hours. You can stop there if you’re just after something simple – the panna cotta itself is beautiful and rich, and it makes the perfect base for any of your favourite toppings. But if you want to do it as we have in this recipe, all you’ll need is an extra five minutes and some rosewater, raspberries and raw sugar to get this coulis cooked. To add some serious flair to this dessert, serve it with Persian fairy floss, rose petals and micro mint. Even though you can get the dairy items for this recipe from your farmer's market, we have also tested a dairy free option with success!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "WOW! I cannot tell you how much we loved this recipe! It was so easy and made me feel like I was an incredible dessert maker – my 6 year old said I was just like Zumbo! I made it as dessert for Saturday night when we had friends over. They were all raving about it and my husband (who I was sure wouldn't be a fan) LOVED it and said I can make that every night!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooling Time 4 hours
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Persian fairy floss - to serve
- rose petals - dried, to serve
- Panna cotta:
- raw sugar - 80g
- milk - 500g, (*use soy milk for DF)
- vanilla bean powder - 1/2, seeds scraped
- gelatine - 1.25 Tbsp, powdered
- cream - 250g (*use coconut cream for DF)
- Raspberry rosewater coulis:
- raw sugar - 50g
- raspberries - 250g
- water - 1 Tbsp, rose
- Place sugar (80g) in the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 30 seconds.
- Add milk (400g only) and vanilla seeds (from 1/2 bean) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 70C / Speed 2.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining milk (100g) and gelatine (1.25 Tbsp) in a small cup or bowl and stir to combine.
- Add gelatine mixture to the bowl. Program 30 seconds / 70C / Speed 3.
- Add cream (250g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
- Carefully pour cream mixture into cups, jars or moulds to set. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate until set (approx. 4 hours).
Raspberry rosewater coulis:
- Place sugar (50g) in the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add raspberries (250g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Add rosewater (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Purée Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Refrigerate until cool.
Pour the coulis on top of set panna cotta and top with Persian fairy floss and dried rose petals