Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
These cupcakes are soft, fluffy and full of vanilla goodness. They are perfect for tea parties, school parties or anything where you need a good quality cupcake!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Deliciously light and fluffy! Why would you ever use a packet mix again when these are so simple! Yum!" - Belinda
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 24 cupcakes
Can be frozen (best to freeze without icing)
- butter - 200g, diced (*can use DF spread)
- raw sugar - 240g
- vanilla pod - 1, scraped of seeds
- eggs - 4
- milk - 250g, (*can use DF milk)
- self raising flour - 400g, (*can use GF flour)
- Preheat oven to 180C and put cases into the muffin tin.
- Place butter (200g) into bowl. Speed 5 / 20 seconds or until softened. You may need to scrape down a few times.
- Insert whisk attachment. Program 1 minute / Speed 3.
- Remove whisk attachment. Scrape off any butter back in to the bowl.
- Add sugar (240g) and vanilla seeds (from one bean) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 45 seconds. You may need to scrape down a few times.
- Set to Speed 3. Add eggs (4) through the lid one at a time, mixing for 20 seconds between eggs. Crack eggs into a mug or glass first to avoid the chance of getting shell in the batter.
- Add milk (125g only) and flour (200g only). Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add remaining milk (125g) and flour (200g). Program 1 minute / Speed 4.
- Spoon mixture into cases. Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes until golden and cooked though. Avoid overcooking as they can dry out.
- Once cooled, ice with buttercream icing.
Note: Place your scraped out vanilla bean into a small pot of sugar. Allow to sit for a few days before using this aromatic sugar in baking or as you would regular sugar.