Val’s Cornflake Cookies
This recipe has been shared with us by Gail Woodgate.
"When I found this recipe in my Mum's book, I instantly remembered being on a little step stool being the chief crushed cornflake roller, and once I baked them it took me back to being that little kid helping Mum. It's quick and fun, and kids can help. You can change the fruit, add nuts and customise as you please." - Gail
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An old-style favourite and keeper… very yummy, pretty and easy to make, and something that I am sure my grandchildren will enjoy making too." - Sue
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- sugar - 100g
- butter - 250g, softened
- eggs - 2
- self raising flour - 340g
- milk - 2 Tbsp, optional
- desiccated coconut - 75g
- sultanas - 125g, or dried fruit of choice
- cornflakes - 3 cups, lightly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 160C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Add the sugar (100g) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add the butter (250g), eggs (2), self raising flour (340g) and milk (2 Tbsp, optional) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Add the coconut (75g) and sultanas (125g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Place the crushed cornflakes (3 cups) onto a large plate or bowl.
- Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and then roll them in the crushed cornflakes. Place onto the baking trays.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the trays for 5 minutes, then move to a wire cooling rack to cool before serving.