Turmeric and Chilli Lamb Roast
Looking for a fresh twist on the lamb roast? Here is a great option shared with us by Tenina from Cooking With Tenina. This tumeric and chilli marinaded lamb roast is perfectly served with salads and vegetables at a BBQ with friends. This marinade will take the lamb from suburban to sublime, and steaming it first just means youget the rare without the raw and the char without the charred off!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Love the flavour of the turmeric in this delish marinade. It reminded me how good meat tastes cooked in the steaming attachment!" - Elizabeth
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 2 hour marinating time (min.)
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Can be frozen after cooking
- lamb leg - 1.5kg, butterflied and boneless
- garlic cloves - 6-8, peeled
- chillies - 1-2, red
- turmeric - 20g, fresh or frozen (*or 2 Tbsp ground turmeric)
- mustard - 50g, seeded
- honey - 50g
- lemons - 2, zest only
- lemon - 50g, juice
- salt flakes - 2 Tbsp
- water - 1L, for steaming
- Place the leg of lamb (1) into a large ziplock bag.
- Place garlic cloves (6-8), chillies (1-2), turmeric (20g), mustard (50g), honey (50g), lemon zest (from 2 lemons), lemon juice (50g) and salt flakes (2 Tbsp) into mixer bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 2 minutes / 70C / Speed 2.
- Pour into ziplock bag with lamb, seal the bag and rub marinade into the lamb.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours or longer if possible.
- Place water (1L) into mixer bowl. Wet a piece of baking paper, scrunch it and line the steaming attachment lower dish.
- Remove lamb from the ziplock bag and transfer into the steaming attachment lower dish. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven on a grill function setting to around 250C. Alternatively, you can do this in a hooded BBQ.
- Remove lamb with paper and place onto a baking tray, making sure the fat side is face up. Grill until charred and crispy, about 20-25 minutes. Check with meat thermometer to ensure it is cooked through.
- Cover with foil to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with veggies or salad of choice.