Turkish Pide Pizza
Making a gorgeous boat-shaped Turkish pizza is such a great way to make use of any extra meat from your Turkish Lamb Kebabs. It is full of flavour and will surely impress the whole family. Oh, and it can be doubled, which you will soon discover is lucky! If you are making the gluten free variation you won't be able to form into a boat shape, but it will still be delicious!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The Turkish pide pizza is the best we've ever tasted, even better than what we have found in a restaurant (as voted by the family). The only downside – no leftovers! The kids were disappointed when I said I wouldn't making a second one on the same night." - Anita
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes + 1 hour 30 minutes rising time
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
Serves 4-6, can be doubled
Can be frozen
- Dough: (*for GF, use the Grain Free Thin & Crispy Pizza recipe from The Healthy Eating Issue)
- water - 200g, lukewarm
- yeast - 1 tsp, dry instant
- plain flour - 330g
- salt - 1 tsp
- sugar - 1 tsp
- doner kebab meat - 200g, shredded (use extra meat from the Turkish Lamb Kebabs recipe)
- onion - 1/2, red, peeled and sliced
- mozzarella cheese - 200g, grated
- fresh parsley - 4 Tbsp, chopped
- egg - 1, lightly beaten
- nigella seeds - 2 Tbsp, black
- Add the water (200g), yeast (1 tsp), plain flour (330g), salt (1 tsp) and sugar (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 6 seconds.
- Program 6 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Remove and place into an oiled bowl. Allow to rise for 90 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Set a baking tray into the oven to heat.
- Lightly flour the bench and start kneading your dough. Shape it into a large rectangle.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, cover it with baking paper and place the dough onto the prepared tray.
- Add the toppings of doner kebab meat (200g), onion slices (from 1/2 onion), cheese (200g) and parsley (4 Tbsp) to the centre of the dough.
- Fold the edges of the dough in to form a boat shape.
- Brush the dough with an egg (1) and sprinkle nigella seeds (2 Tbsp) over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked though and golden.