Turkish Lamb Kebabs
Yes, you can actually make your own lamb kebab meat without needing a fancy rotisserie. In fact, you make this in your steaming attachment! Don't believe us? Give it a try. It's delicious, and so much healthier than what you will find at your local kebab shop at 2am on a Saturday morning. The perfect meat to add to your Turkish fake out.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This tasted better than anything we have ever bought. The doner kebab was so good that from the first few bites my family took, they were already asking me to make it again. Definitely a big hit!" - Anita
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes + overnight marinating time
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- water - 1L, boiling
- flatbreads - 1 batch, Turkish (*use a GF alternative if required)
- Doner meat:
- lamb mince - 1kg
- dried oregano - 3 tsp
- garlic powder - 3 tsp
- onion powder - 3 tsp
- paprika - 3 tsp
- plain flour - 1 Tbsp (*can use GF)
- salt - 2 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, black, ground
- Other fillings:
- hummus - (make your own with the Hummus Dip recipe from The Tea Party Issue)
- tomato - slices
- cheese - grated (*omit for DF)
- Add the lamb mince (1kg), oregano (3 tsp), garlic powder (3 tsp), onion powder (3 tsp), paprika (3 tsp), plain flour (1 Tbsp), salt (2 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 9 / 20 seconds.
- If the mix is not combined, pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 x 1 second blast.
- Move the mixture onto some baking paper and shape it into a big sausage shape so it will fit into the steaming attachment.
- Wrap the mixture in clingfilm and leave it in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Once it is finished marinating, put your doner kebab mix (still in the clingfilm) into the steaming attachment lower dish. Add boiling water (1L) to the bowl. Set the steaming attachment in place.
- Program 50 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3. Check that your meat is cooked through. If your mix is particularly thick, cook for longer.
- Carefully remove the clingfilm and slice the kebab thinly.
- Spread some hummus onto a flatbread. Top with lettuce, tomato slices, doner meat and cheese.
- Roll up and enjoy!