- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Turkish Inspired Sausage Rolls
We love sausage rolls, especially sausage rolls with new flavour twists! We love the flavours of sumac, paprika, mint and sage in these. They are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The sausage rolls are simple to make and full of flavour, with lamb as the definite hero. Would pair well with either a yoghurt sauce or a tomato relish. I can definitely taste the Turkish inspiration." - Karen
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 18 sausage rolls
Can be frozen
- puff pastry - 3 sheets, frozen, thawed
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- cumin - 2 tsp, ground, seeds
- sumac - 1/2 tsp
- chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp
- paprika - 2 tsp, sweet
- dried coriander - 1/2 tsp, ground
- oil - 30g
- dried mint - 1 tsp
- dried sage - 1 tsp
- lamb mince - 500g, lean
- egg - 1, lightly beaten
- nigella seeds
- Alternate serving suggestions:
- yoghurt sauce
- relish - tomato
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Allow the puff pastry sheets (3) to thaw on the bench.
- Add the peeled and halved onion (1) and peeled garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add the ground cumin seeds (2 tsp), sumac (1/2 tsp), chilli flakes (1/2 tsp), sweet paprika (2 tsp), ground coriander (1/2 tsp) and oil (30g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the dried mint (1 tsp), dried sage (1 tsp) and lamb mince (500g) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 6 until combined.
- Divide the filling evenly between the 3 puff pastry sheets, placing it along one long edge of the pastry. Roll up the pastry tightly, enclosing the filling. Cut each roll evenly into 6 sausage rolls, for 18 rolls total.
- Brush the rolls lightly with a beaten egg (1) and top with nigella seeds.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Make your own!
*Make your own puff pastry with the Homemade Puff Pastry recipe from this issue, the Rough Puff Pastry recipe from The Freezer Issue or the Iced Puff Pastry recipe from The Easter Bonus Issue.
*Make your own tomato relish with the Tomato Relish recipe from The BBQ Issue, the Canned Tomato Relish recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue, the Tangy Tomato and Onion Relish recipe from The On the Road Issue or the Spicy Tomato Relish recipe from The Gift Giving Issue.